Google Bard, ChatGPT’s direct competitor in terms of generative Artificial Intelligence (AI), was launched a few days ago. It works in more than 40 languages, including Spanish.
This AI is sure to be able to communicate and generate human-like text in response to a wide range of prompts and questions. For example, it can provide summaries of factual topics or create stories.
Although it is similar to its competition, it is key to know how it works, its advantages and disadvantages when using this new AI.
HOW TO USE BARD?
To use Google Bard you must have a device with an Internet connection, be over 18 years old, use a compatible browser and have a personal Google account that you manage independently or a Google Workspace account, the latter with prior authorization from the administrator.
You will not be able to access Bard using a Google Account managed with Family Link or a Google Workspace for Education account designated for children under 18.
Once you have these requirements, you can access Bard at the following URL: https://bard.google.com.
When you access Bard for the first time, you will be prompted to create an account. Once you have it, you can start using Bard to generate text, translate languages, write different types of creative content and answer your questions in an informative way.
- Do not take Bard’s answers as medical, legal, financial or other advice.
- Bard’s answers do not represent the opinions of Google and should not be attributed to Google.
- You are responsible for your use of the code, which may be subject to an open source license.
- Bard may provide inaccurate or inappropriate information. Your feedback makes Bard more useful and secure.
WHAT ARE THE ADVANTAGES OF BARD?
- Bard is a Google AI language model, trained on a massive dataset of text and code.
- It can access and process real-world information through Google Search. This allows it to provide more complete and informative answers to queries.
- It can generate text in a variety of creative formats, such as poems, code, scripts, musical pieces, email, letters, and more.
- Follows instructions and completes requests thoughtfully.
- It uses its knowledge to answer your questions in a thorough and informative way, even if they are open-ended, challenging, or strange.
WHAT ARE THE DISADVANTAGES OF BARD?
As for AI’s disadvantages, the app itself claims that, as it is still in development, it can sometimes make factual errors, and its answers may not always be relevant to the query. In addition, it says it is not able to understand or respond to complex emotions.
When asked about where ChatGPT is better than Bard, he said ChatGPT is better at generating creative text formats, such as poems, code, scripts, musical pieces, e-mail, and letters, among others.
Whereas Bard is better at answering questions in an informative way, even if they are open-ended, challenging or strange. In general, ChatGPT is a more versatile model, while Bard is better suited for specific tasks.
HOW TO EXPORT ANSWERS TO OTHER GOOGLE PRODUCTS?
- Export an answer to Google Docs: Under the answer, click on Share and export and then Export to Docs. A new document will be saved in Google Drive.
- Export a reply to Gmail: Under the answer, click Share and export and then Create draft in Gmail. A new draft email will be created in Gmail. This feature is only available if you have a Gmail account.
- Export a table to Google Spreadsheets: This option will be available when a Bard response contains a table. At the bottom right of the table, click Export to Spreadsheets.
- The table will be saved to a new spreadsheet in Google Drive. Tables with images cannot be exported to Spreadsheets.