Pavel Durov, CEO of the messaging application Telegram announced through his channel the arrival of new features to the application on the occasion of the upcoming celebration of the 10th anniversary of its launch.
Specifically he announced the arrival of statuses or as he himself referred to, Telegram-style stories, which will have several features that will make the difference with its main competitor in the market, WhatsApp.
- Privacy. You will be able to define who can see each of your stories with granular precision: everyone, only your contacts (with exceptions), selected contacts or a list of close friends.
Compact user interface. Stories will be placed in an expandable section at the top of your chat list, making them easily accessible without taking up valuable space.
- Flexibility. It will be easy to hide Stories posted by any contact by moving them to the ‘Hidden’ list in your Contacts section instead of the main screen.
- Captions. In addition to making use of dozens of powerful photo and video editing tools, you’ll be able to provide captions for your stories to add more context or links and tag other people.
- Dual camera support. Building on the success of Telegram’s video messaging, we’re adding the option to post photos and videos taken by both front and rear cameras simultaneously.
- Optional ephemera. You’ll be able to choose when a story expires (in 6, 12, 24 or 48 hours) or display stories permanently on your profile page, with individual privacy settings for each.
- More surprises!🤩
The ability to save your stories on the profile page will make Telegram profiles more informative and colorful. Not only will you be able to explore more content from your closest contacts, but you will finally discover more information about the users you connect with in groups or channel comments.
Speaking of channels, they will benefit from increased exposure and subscribers: once we launch the ability to repost channel messages to stories, going viral on Telegram will be much easier.
Overall, after our internal testing of Stories, even the skeptics on our team began to appreciate this feature. We can no longer imagine Telegram without it.
Stories is in its final testing phase and will be available in early July. This will herald a new era in Telegram, where it will be even more fun and sociatanan it currently is.
Followed by this publication released a video showing how Telegram Stories works.